Well I have started a blog and deleted it numerous times over this past week! I just feel like sometimes I don't have anything "blogworthy" to report. There is only so much going on with my little family at any given time! :) So from here on out my blog may change slightly from the "Schindler Shenanigans" to "Hannah's Happenings!" LOL But for this entry we're keeping it about the Schindler Family.
This last week Madyson started ballet class for the first time. She was so excited to start learning a new form of dance and I was excited to see her grow!
But I wasn't too excited about trying to get her super silky fine hair into a bun when it hardly holds in a pony tail!! Now for some people who aren't mom's or don't have to deal with a daughter who has this type of hair you may be thinking "how hard could it be?!" But let me tell you it took a good 30 minutes to get this finished product!!! Thank goodness for a cute bun covering thingy or it would have looked MUCH worse!!
And here is a special sneak peak of Mady doing some of her dance moves! haha! I forgot what this one is called but she was so pumped about heading to her new class! She did great and loved the new teacher, I can't wait to see her in the recital this summer!
We celebrated my sister Sarah's birthday this week and we had a great time! Sarah really knows how to throw a party! When we arrived everyone was enjoying the "dance party" and the kids had some super cute dance moves to show off, wish I had a video to share! :)
My sister Sarah and I go way back, I mean like waaayyy baacckkk!! We grew up being best friends and even today she is one of the people I trust most in life. She turned 30 this year which means one thing, I am SUPER close to 30 too! ahahha! Not good, not good! But back to Sarah, she is a super sweet person whom I hold many good memories with. She recently moved back down to California from Portland and I am so glad we will get to raise our kids together and actually see each other on a regular basis! There is nothing like having a good sister to call and hang with, I am so lucky to have more than one in my life! :)
This week something incredibly rare occurred, I was able to go out with my girlfriends and was absolutely childless!!! Yep, you read that right! I got to spend a night with my girls and didn't have to worry about anything but myself for a couple of hours, it was really nice! Hanging out with my girls made me realize how far we had come since beginning grad school. We're all at such a different place in life and I am so proud of each of us. :) We have all grown so much and I hope the growing never ends. I truly treasure my friendship with these girls, I can be completely real and myself without ever feeling judged. It's one of the best things life has to offer -- girlfriends! I hope one day we can all work together or at least have more time together on a regular basis, someday!
Saturday we had the best family day and it could not have come at a better time! This was our last weekend before I head back to work and before we start fitting Derek's basketball schedule back into our week. Not to mention it was Chance's 3 month birthday celebration! So we headed to Disneyland for a fun filled family day! We started off the day with Madyson and me riding our favorite ride, Space Mountain! So there I am screaming my lungs out while we fly on this ride and I glance over to see my fearless five year old with her hands up and a smile on her face!!! She rode the entire ride with her hands up! Man, sometimes I look at my daughter and see how she is so much like me and other times she couldn't be any more different! I admire her strengths, especially since where she thrives I generally fail! This is us after our ride!
It was Chance's first time at Disneyland and he had a really good time, when he was awake! He flirted with the ladies in line with his adorable smiles and gnawed on his hands to no end! He got his first set of ears too!
Chance also went on his first ride, Snow White! He was actually really into the ride and stared at everything, here he is on the ride.
Madyson insisted on bringing her Baby Minnie in her carrier so that she could be just like me with Chance! :) Here is us with our babies, I love my little girl!
Here are some of the attitudes of Mady that we had the pleasure of experiencing that day:
The pouty "I can't have my way" attitude!
The "try taking my picture now Mom" attitude! :)
And finally the "I love being at Disneyland" attitude! This one is my personal favorite!
love Love LOVE my handsome husband! :)
We had such a great time at Disneyland and I cannot wait for Chance to have the opportunity to meet the characters and enjoy all of the park as much as Mady does! I think she will be the perfectly experienced big sister who can show him the best parts of Disneyland one day!
They love their Daddy!
Being a mom--life doesn't get any better than this!! :)
Awe it looks like you and the family had a great time, thanks for sharing. Great photos too. I love the one where your little boy is on the ride. He's so cute!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jessica! :) We had a great time!
ReplyDelete1:22am, ahhh motherhood!
ReplyDelete