Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Long week and it's only Monday!

Today felt like it lasted FOREVER! I woke up extra early so I could make it to my dental appointment in Orange County. I got there on time only to get stuck in the dentist's chair for 2 hours straight! Man, I don't want to see him again for a while! But I must admit there was a part of going to the dentist that I did not mind -- the childless drive! I love my kids but there is something super fantastic about getting to drive alone for an hour while singing at the top of my lungs, clearing my mind, while processing things I have been too busy to even think about. That thing called ALONE TIME, the thing I crave so badly yet rarely get, I cherish it when I stumble upon it.

My dentist is actually located right down the street from where I had my first job as a therapist at Head Start. And you can bet I felt so many mixed emotions driving by the small preschool where I was first exposed to the realities of working in the mental health field. Memories flooded my mind, both good and bad, and I could not help but wonder how my first client is now doing. Time passes quickly but it's funny that some things we never forget, like feelings associated with places or memories of people. I wonder if we ever forget our clients? I guess only time will tell.

I returned home just in time to pick up Madyson from school and we had a play date directly following. It was really nice to have a new mom friend to talk to, especially since our kids are in the same class, we're both young moms, and we can compare notes. I don't get too much time with anyone like that so it was nice. Mady had a great time but was not completely herself as she is still recovering from being sick, poor thing.

This is Madyson's good friend Kyle from school, they share the same birthday! :)






































Chance slept for most of the day which was kind of nice since we were so busy! He has been slobbering a lot, I mean like drenching his onsie type slobbering! I wonder if he could be teething because he also wants his hands in his mouth all the time. But it just seems too early since he is only 10 weeks old, and he isn't really fussy or running a fever? Either way I change his outfit frequently, but I think the drooling bothers me more than it bothers him. He just keeps smiling while he goes to town with his hands in his mouth.

Here are a couple more photos they're not super great cause they're from my phone, but they make me smile! :)


2 comments:

  1. Lovin the blog girl!!
    I hope we never forget our first clients/patients. Mine were life changing for me and I am so appreciative of the lessons I've learned about life from all of my patients and their families. It is so nice to see regular postings about the kiddos. I can't believe how tall that boy or how short Mady is! so cute. and that little baby man is so adorable! can't wait to bite those cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ape you should start one of your own, I would love to read your thoughts and life events! :) There are definitely certain clients that I couldn't forget even if I wanted to and I too am so grateful for what they have taught me. Our job can be so tough and draining at times, but then in hindsight you can see all the benefits of the hardships we go through in our work. It's always hard for me to see the positive when i am in it though and some experiences are still hard for me to swallow. Mady's friend is really tall and she is short, lol. Can't wait til you visit, two more months! :)

    ReplyDelete