Friday, January 14, 2011

Ignorance Is Bliss

It has kind of been a rough week in the Schindler household, I have to admit. And maybe it's actually just been a rough week for me, but I think even if it's just rough for one of us we all feel it. It hasn't been a horrible week, just one that has truly tested my patience, tried my emotional strength, and has made me physically sick. I am so thankful that my husband is my best friend who truly gets me and knows just what to do when I need his help the most. I think this week would have been much harder if it weren't for him.

Wednesday we said goodbye to my neice Briar who is going to live up north in Portland. The kids had a good time together as they played, laughed, and rode their bikes. It was sad to say goodbye to my beautiful neice for more reason than one. Such a tough situation and my heart hurts to be completely honest but I am remaining hopeful that things are happening for the best. I think if there is anything that I have learned through my years of growing it's how "not" to push away my feelings, man I hate that sometimes! I wish I could still push them away, ignore them, or act like they weren't there when I wanted to, that saying "ignorance is bliss" comes to mind. I think of that often and wish for that ignorance so frequently!!! Hmmm... 

Here are some super cute, fun photos of the good times that were had as we said goodbye:


 
 

 
These kids have fought like siblings, but they always end up craving the company of one another no matter what!

 








(Had to throw this little cutie in there!)

On a happier note there was some good news to be celebrated on this no denying sad day...we found out my sister Sam is going to have her second child! :)  She thinks it's a girl, the Chinese calendar says it's a girl, and I hope it's a girl -- well I guess it MUST be a girl?! Can't wait to find out, so exciting! 
 And who could resist laughing or at least smiling after seeing this photo? It would brighten any gloomy day...no really!!!! :)

After having fun with her cousins, Mady went to dance class where she danced her bootay off for two hours straight! She takes Jazz, Hip Hop, and Musical Theater but not for long. After this picture was taken she informed me that she no longer wants to take Hip Hop so next week we will be changing to Ballet. She has had a blast learning how to dance and has made a lot of friends. This is Mady and her friend Julie who is in all of her classes. We can't wait for her to have Addison back in her class too! :)
I only have two weeks left before I have to return to work and the thought of leaving my babies is constantly at the back of my mind. Ahh how I am so horrible at change and adjustment! Especially when the change has anything to do with my kids! :( For now I am going to do my best to forget about going back to work and enjoy these next two weeks with these beautiful little beings! :)




1 comment:

  1. It's never fun to have to say good bye to the ones you love the most. :(

    ReplyDelete