Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Positive Thoughts Create Positive Outcomes!

This morning was MUCH tougher than I had imagined it to be. For starters I slept horribly and woke up super tired, even though I was in bed by 8:30 pm! I never sleep really well when Derek is gone and of course I wasn't going to sleep super well knowing I was returning to work the next day. I had tried my best to prepare things for today the night before, but when I woke up at 6 am I felt like I had a million things to do before leaving at 8:15! After running around like a chicken with my head cut off, my sister arrived at my house and the dreaded time had come to say goodbye to my smiley faced little guy. It hit me hard when I started walking out the door and, needless to say, I cried walking out the door and I cried myself halfway to work!! When I dropped Madyson off at school she felt so bad that I was upset about leaving her and the baby, she was so sweet and tried to console me and insisted on making me a card. She is such a sweetie and I love that she knows how to comfort me! :)

After letting myself cry it out and endure my sadness, I knew it was time to gain a different perspective--if not for the sake of having a good day then at least for the sake of my MAKE UP that I took a good 20 minutes to do! ;) LOL No but really! I took one good look in my rear view mirror and said to myself (yes, I said it out loud!) "You're going to be fine and Chance is going to be fine!" And with that I was insistent that things would change, and so they did!

I threw in my Rhianna cd, you know the one that my sisters swear is annoying?! Well, I find that cd to be quite a good pump-you-up cd and I knew it would do the trick of changing my mood and mindset. So I cruised the remainder of the 91 freeway blasting Rhianna and singing at the top of my lungs! From there on my day only got better. When I got to work a nice guy approached me and offered to wash my huge SUV for $20 at my office, what a deal!!! You know I couldn't resist that especially since my car hadn't been washed since before Chance was born! Then I got to have supervision with some wonderfully amazing people and talk about intellectual things, well somewhat intellectual things, and that felt really good! And my caseload is super light, 8 cases in 2 homes. I can't complain! When I picked up Mady and Chance they were both so happy to see me and Chance wouldn't stop smiling! I felt so loved!! So all in all, today started worse than expected but ended better than I could have asked for! ;) Only further proof that life is what we make of it, but I already knew that!

Now I am off to practice my dance moves in the mirror, tomorrow we're going to the Ellen Show and who knows if I will be on TV or if she will try to boogie with me?! Hahaha! Can't wait!!!!

Here is Chance in his newest "toy"! He loves it, and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment