This week we had an extra day off from school which was super nice! We spent the day celebrating Grandma Diana's birthday with pizza, conversation, and, of course, shopping!! Grandma Diana is an "adopted" grandma (and mother to me!) who we love dearly! She is one of my best friend's mother who has always treated me as if I were her own and I have always looked up to her like she was a second mom. It was nice to get to spend her birthday with her and my friend Tina. And go figure Madyson scored on the shopping trip with some colorful new jewelry and super cute clothes!
She was VERY excited about sporting her new jewelry to school the following day! I had to regulate on how much she could wear because you know she tried to wear all ten necklaces, rings, and bracelets! :)
In the not so good news department, the dreaded time has come for our lives to get back to reality. :( Derek started working his second very part time job again which I hate because I hate hate hate being alone as much as I am and it's horrible to see how much all the extra work wares on him. But I am very THANKFUL that I have a husband who is so willing to do whatever it takes to make sure our family is well taken care of. What a sacrafice it is for him to work this hard, I couldn't be more thankful.
I will be returning to work in a week and a half and oh am I dreading that even more! I am so fortunate to work as minimally as I do and with such flexibility, but I still hate the thought of being away from this little baby who is soooo attached to his mommy! :( Returning to work after having Madyson came so naturally, I was ready for work and even for college! But with Chance it's just such a different experience, he is so much more needy and I feel horrible leaving him even though its really only for one full day and a couple hours here and there. I just hope the transition will be smooth and that I can start with an easy and light caseload! *fingers crossed*
Here is a little more of what we are currently up to:
Madyson is currently hooked on this video game gadget called the leapster! I am not a huge fan of my child having video games but it's a learning system and has actually really helped her with spelling and reading!
Chance continues to be the cutest baby ever!! And yes, I am allowed to say that, he's mine! hahaha!! He is so full of smiles and I am actually able to capture them on camera now! He has been tired of being in the swing, he HATES laying on his back but screams if you leave him on "tummy time" for more than 3 minutes! So I decided to put him in one of those exersaucer type things and --- he LOVED it!!! I will have to post a picture, it's actually pretty cute! hahaha! So yes my 11 week old son is sitting in an exersaucer oogling and drooling over the little gadgets that light up and play music! Of course I support him with blankets but I cannot believe he is already wanting to sit up! Seriously he needs to slow down and take it easy! :(
That has been our week in a nutshell, a pretty good, productive week. Hopefully this weekend will be filled with lots of fun and good family time! :)
Breezy was hooked on the leapster too and know Jake loves playing with it!
ReplyDeleteJessica I am so glad you said your kids names because I had no idea who you were! ;) Now I know! hahaha! That is funny your son loves it, he is so little! He keeps it up and he will be reading in no time! ;)
ReplyDeleteHa Ha that is too funny! Yep it's me!
ReplyDelete