Sunday, February 20, 2011

Growing Times

We had a pretty good weekend, and it's not over yet! Friday we had a photographer come to our house to take Chance's pictures and some family shots. It was a lot of work to get everything together (i.e. outfits, props, hair/makeup between feedings!) and to make sure I had happy people to be in the photographs (i.e. a fed husband and infant, daughter who was bribed to take good pictures in exchange for a slurpee after! :)). But needless to say my hard work and extra effort paid off and I was rewarded with some SUPER cute snapshots! We haven't gotten to see the finished product yet but the pictures pre-edited were really cute! After pictures we rushed to Mady's friday dance class and then Derek had his weekly basketball game. It was a pretty productive Friday!

I have started to get my energy back which had disappeared when I had to find a way to add work back into my already packed routine! Since getting my energy back I have had an itch (a good itch I must say!) to organize my house and get back to decorating!! So Saturday I cleaned up and began organizing during the day and have begun to put together different visual ideas of how I want to decorate certain areas of the house. We have an extra room that is suppose to be our "office/guest room" but in reality it has turned into an unorganized room with all the stuff that I couldn't find a place for in another area of the house! lol SO my newest project is to organize the heck out of that room in the coming month and as a reward, when I finish we are getting a new bed and moving our bed to the spare room! Hopefully in time for my sister's visit in late March! AND I want to finally complete decorating Chance's room since I expect that he will be sleeping there by mid April! I have a lot to do but thank goodness for this energy and urge to do it! :) Maybe I will have a party when it's all complete?! Hahaha!

In other news Madyson has her first loose tooth and it should be falling out any day now! The new tooth has already begun to grow in behind it, which by the way totally freaked me out! But it appears that the small tooth just needs to come out so the big tooth can move right into place! Just one more reminder that my baby is growing up, I love those reminders! ;(

We were discussing the tooth fairy and I asked, "so what does the tooth fairy bring?" and Madyson said, "Well, (she paused in her grown up explaining something to someone way) she can bring money or small gifts or jewelry. She can bring whatever she wants. She just wants kids to know that they're special." I replied, "Oh because all kids are special huh?" and she said, "Yeah Mom, everyone is special in their own way, even adults!" :) I just gave her a big smooch on the cheek! She is so sweet and genuine and I LOVE that about her! We have had some trying times lately as she struggles to share all the love and attention with her little brother. And although it's been tough as she tries my patience and tests the limits, one thing I can say I am thankful for is that she never gets mad at Chance. She still adores him and babies him and loves him. She tests me to see how much I love her and how much I can handle her tough behaviors (which are hardly tough in comparison!). I love my sweet little girl even through the tough times. In reality the tough times are short lived and in hindsight hardly as tough as I see them at the moment. :) I wish my beautiful babies could stay little forever, but since they refuse to I will cherish every day with them, even the tough ones!

Well it's almost time for Real Housewives of Atlanta Reunion Part Two! LOL And I have no shame in admitting that it is one of the highlights of my week so I am going to go cuddle with the hubby and enjoy my show! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment