Recently I was driving with my kids in the car and this dragonfly flew right in front of our car while I was stopped at a red light. Madyson and I thought it was neat because it zipped by so quickly by our windshield, it made us giggle. Well I didn't think much of it until the next day. I was sitting (literally) in traffic on the 91 freeway, headed to one of my foster homes. I turned to my left to see a dragonfly flying in place next to my window. Awestruck I continued to watch him and as traffic began to move he flew in front of my car and kept going with me for a bit right in front of my windshield, then flew off.
I am so that person who picks up on the details that many overlook and I always have to know the why or the meaning. So of course (!) I went home and googled what the dragonfly symbolizes in other cultures. The dragonfly is a symbol of our thoughts. It is also a symbol of change that is to come.
This pushed me to become more aware about what is going on in my own life and reminded me that I need to take more time to myself, to be with myself, and to explore what is real for me. It's so easy for me, and I know many others too, as a working mom to get caught up in doing everything for everyone else. Whether its for my children, my husband, my friends, my boss, or my clients, I need to remember to be still and to give myself the time I deserve as well.
It also made me realize I need to take time to appreciate the beauty of this world and to be thankful for the many amazing people and opportunities I have! This is a line I found on one of the websites that stood out to me:
The Dragonfly lives a short life, and it knows it must live to the fullest with what it has.
Love that!! On that note, I am off to San Diego for a fun filled weekend away with some good friends! :) I can't wait to have some much needed and much deserved ME time!!!! And thanks to my amazing husband and mom for allowing that to happen! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment