Saturday, September 3, 2011

Big Week!

I have been MIA from the blog scene for quite some time now! But what better time to return than a BIG week like this?! :) This week Madyson completed her first week of 1st grade. She came home from her first day at school and exclaimed, "Mommy, I love it!!" I was so happy to hear that, but not surprised. She has always enjoyed school, not only because it comes easy to her but also because she loves having plenty of interaction with other children her age. That whole 4 hour Kindergarten day was just never enough for her, 1st grade seems to fit well.

Madyson was very excited about her new backpack! She loves iCarly even though I don't really like her watching the show. It seems that 6 years old is the year that I have to allow Mady to have more freedom... unless of course I want to have a power struggle every day! Uhh no thanks! But I have to admit, its not easy allowing her to pick out her clothes and how to do her hair. :( I guess I have to let her become her unique self some time and this year is the year.


Baby boy Chance was a bit Grumpy! lol Not really, it was just early and he was a bit serious. It's tough to find him grumpy, this picture makes me laugh! Maybe he was just sad that big sister wouldn't be home to play with him any more during the day. ;)







Mady wasn't placed in the class with her closest friends from the year prior. They all got split up and she was initially sad about that. It turns out that their classes are close together and they still play at recess. How cool is that!? :)


This is Kyle, one of her good friends from Kindergarten. They share the same birthday and their size difference is astonishing! I love how well they get along despite how much they are ALIKE! I hope they stay friends for many years to come, I have a feeling they will.

I am excited about the 1st grade and the adventures it will have in store for Madyson! She has a much better teacher this year who is not only enthusiastic about teaching, but who actually appears to know what he is doing! :) That's a big plus!
Mady has also begun to dance competitively with KFD in Riverside. It was a big commitment and I was hesitant initially. But after thinking it over and talking with Mady we decided to give it a try. She absolutely loves it and has already begun to blossom more than I could have imagined. I am so happy to see her have something that she is so proud of and that she loves to go to every day! After school she comes home excited to get ready for dance and to see the other girls on the team. I love that she loves it so much! :) 
Above is Madyson with her teacher Ms. Kayla! That picture was taken on her first day learning her solo with Ms. Kayla. It was cute because they had matching Nike's! :) Mady loves all of her teachers and so do I! And below that is Mady with her good friend Julie! They're both two of the "new" girls on the team and have become great friends! :)

This week we also welcomed a new member to the fam -- Lux Elizabeth! She was 6 lbs 5 oz and 18 inches long, born on September 1st at 4:30 pm. :) She belongs to my little sis Sam!
Lux is a tiny little bundle of loveliness and I am so excited to get to know her! Our family is huge and amongst us siblings we have had way more boys than girls! So adding Baby Lux to our family is even more exciting because girls are rather rare! I can't wait to watch her grow, dress her up, and see who she is! Oh how I already love this little doll! <3
And even though Mr. Big Brother Andrew likes to pretend like he is too cool for school and tried to refuse to take pictures with his beautiful baby sister, it is evident that he too is in love with this sweet baby girl! Such a great week of new beginnings, new life, and so many things to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment