Six years ago today my life changed in a way I could never imagine was possible -- I became a MOM! Now I won't pretend it was all peachy keen from the get go, becoming a mother is not for the weak! But I could have never imagined I would be able to love someone as much as I loved this little girl from the first moment we met! She became the center of my life, the thing I lived for. Every year I am more and more amazed by who she is, how she's grown, and what she is capable of. Not a day goes by that I don't smile, secretly giggle (or sometimes when I lack self control laugh out loud!), or write in her memory doc about something genius she said without even realizing how brilliant she really is!! She constantly keeps us on our toes as parents, catching every detail and remembering everything -- even the things we wish she would forget! Her ability to master whatever is put in front of her astounds me, but her big heart makes me the most proud!
From the start she has been THE easiest child a parent could ever ask for. Sleeping through the night when she was only weeks old, having to be woken to eat, and just being all around easy going. As she gets older parenting becomes more challenging because she is too dang smart! (As if that is something any parent should complain about!)
She is always keeping us in check! ;) One of my favorite stories to share is how when she was about four years old we were driving and the person in front of me had not only cut in front of me but was going super slow. Naturally I was frustrated as heck and running my mouth about how they needed to learn how to drive (typical road rage!). Then I hear from the back seat, "Mom you need to be patient and you need to be nice!". I mean WOW who can argue with that? She was just throwing back at me the morals I was always trying to instill in her and you know what, I was so proud of her at that moment!! :) Without a doubt she makes my job tougher and definitely keeps me on my toes, reminding me to practice what I preach!! So yes, she is compliant (for the most part) and easy going, but you bet your butt she is going to stand up and speak her mind -- I couldn't be more pleased with that!! :)
This is Mady and her cousin Briar at 3 months and 2 months old, Briar is younger!
She is always keeping us in check! ;) One of my favorite stories to share is how when she was about four years old we were driving and the person in front of me had not only cut in front of me but was going super slow. Naturally I was frustrated as heck and running my mouth about how they needed to learn how to drive (typical road rage!). Then I hear from the back seat, "Mom you need to be patient and you need to be nice!". I mean WOW who can argue with that? She was just throwing back at me the morals I was always trying to instill in her and you know what, I was so proud of her at that moment!! :) Without a doubt she makes my job tougher and definitely keeps me on my toes, reminding me to practice what I preach!! So yes, she is compliant (for the most part) and easy going, but you bet your butt she is going to stand up and speak her mind -- I couldn't be more pleased with that!! :)
She is an animal lover by nature and cares deeply about anything that is living, and that includes plants/flowers!! She is a passionate person (I have no idea where she gets that from?! ;)) and is generally eager to take the lead. One of her downfalls is her ability to be too straight forward, and though I desperately try to teach her how to be more gentle in her approach about things this is one of our obstacles. I mean, it's not super easy to teach your child a skill that you yourself are working to acquire! ;)
Other than weight -- Derek and I didn't change much in three years!
As Madyson continues to grow and blossom I feel that I continue to grow as well. She teaches me daily how to let the small things go, to BE easy going, to appreciate the little things that I often overlook, to be patient and kind, and most importantly she teaches me to nurture relationships with love. The more I show her love, patience, kindness, respect, and adoration, the more she grows and gives that back to her relationships. I love this beautiful little person I am so proud to call my daughter.
Today I told someone it was my daughter's birthday and they said, "Well happy birthday to you!" and you know what, it seems so simple but really I had never thought of it that way. This day is so special to me not just because my baby is one year older, but its the day I started the most important job my life would ever entail! A job I am so proud of and that truly fulfills my life! :)
Happy 6th Birthday Madyson Rose!






aw beautifully written!! i feel like i got to know her in this post. Happy Birthday Madyson Rose, and Happy Birthday Hannah!
ReplyDelete:) Thanks Candy!
ReplyDelete