Currently Chance has been growing and growing and growing. When I got home from work today I told my sister, "Gosh it looks like he's gotten bigger!" Ha! But I wasn't really joking, I swear he seems to get bigger and bigger and he continues to do new things which is incredibly fun to watch! He has been rolling over and reaching for toys, and of course no one really cares about any of that but ME! ;) But lets pretend you care too! hahaha!
Chance recently learned how to take his sassy (our word for pacifier) out and successfully put it back into his mouth. He does this quite frequently!
Another thing he does quite frequently is get annoyed if Mom gets in front of his view of the TV to take a picture when he is trying to watch Baby Einsteins or Curious George! ;)
And he also insists on holding his own bottle! This is quite funny because he gets so upset if you move his hands, even if his "holding" the bottle is pushing it out of his mouth. This little guy is definitely strong willed! (Please pay no attention to the hardly out of season Santa bib! It only adds character!)
Chance has also begun to absolutely ADORE his big sister! It is the cutest thing ever! He hears her voice and he will look around for her, she can make him smile at the mere sound of her chipmunk voice, and if he is crying she is now able to not just soothe him but also entertain him. It is just so sweet to see how much they love each other and how much little brother already looks up to his big sis! I took some photos of them when they were both sick laying in my bed.
Chance yells, "SISTER!! Pay attention to me!!"
This one cracks me up! Chance is completely uninterested in his sister's crazy squeals!
Dinner time has also been a lot of fun around our home because Chance has begun to "eat" rice cereal (meaning put cereal in his mouth so that it can be spit right back out). He loves sitting with us at dinner time like he is a big boy!
And Mady has begun to take great pride in being my helper at dinner time! She really likes to help set the table and bring down the plates and drinks. It's sweet that she likes to help and great to see her feel good about contributing to the family.
A picture is worth a thousand words, that's all I think when I see this photo! Hahaha! :)
In other big news Madyson lost her first tooth!! That was HUGE! I will have to post pictures later to show what the tooth fairy brought! ;) Soccer sign ups are currently taking place by our home so Mady will finally start playing soccer! I could not be more excited about that! You know I am going to be that loud, annoying, overly intense cheering (but only positive cheering!!) mother on the side lines!!! Hahaha and I couldn't be more proud to have that job!
My sister April and her family are coming to visit and stay with us in just a couple of weeks!! We could not be more excited about that since we haven't seen them for a looonnggg time and Derek and I will both be taking time off to enjoy their visit!! But I am also still working on organizing that spare room (ugh!).
And lastly I have begun to plan Madyson's 6th birthday party which is coming up in April! ;( Goodness, I have realized I have a harder time with my babies growing up than I do with me getting older! Weird?! Well, anyways, she is going to have a Hello Kitty birthday party (her pick) and I have begun to plan and get my creative juices flowing. This is a big year for her birthday, she is a BIG kid now and will have a real birthday party that does not just involve family but also school friends! :) How exciting for her and how fun to plan!
So that is enough rambling for one night, hope it wasn't too incredibly informative and boring! Here is some food for thought for you! It's from a blog I recently started following. The author offers daily, or nearly daily, little pieces of encouragement and things to think about. I have found it to be quite inspiring: http://drcrew.blogspot.com/
It is our mind that creates the kind of life we live.
If we think positively we will transform our life accordingly. Everything starts from within, from the most simple action to the greatest achievement.
We cannot always have control over our external circumstances, but we can control our inner world of thoughts, where everything starts. We can't always control our outer universe, but we can, with some effort, control our inner universe.
If we think positively we will transform our life accordingly. Everything starts from within, from the most simple action to the greatest achievement.
We cannot always have control over our external circumstances, but we can control our inner world of thoughts, where everything starts. We can't always control our outer universe, but we can, with some effort, control our inner universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment